Friday, January 28, 2011

Craig Conroy Likely Will Retire

Filed under:


CALGARY -- Craig Conroy didn't end the speculation Thursday, but he did make his intent pretty clear.

"I will be honest, I am leaning toward retirement and right now that's where I'm headed,'' explained Conroy, the popular Calgary Flames center who cleared NHL waivers on Wednesday.

The loquacious 39-year-old, who addressed the media at the Scotiabank Saddledome, has one other option besides retirement and that would be to join the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League. But given his age, the Flames' brass knew that would be a tough sell.

"Would it kill me to go to the minors?'' Conroy asked. "Could I help them there? Those are the kind of questions I ask myself. I think I could help. But is it in my heart? I want to go down for the right reasons. You don't want to go down there and not be fully invested in what you're doing."

Conroy said he fully understood the Flames' decision to cut him loose.

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/27/craig-conroy-likely-will-retire/

Boozer, Carlos Bosh, Chris Boykins, Earl Brackins, Craig Bradley, Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment